Goal 13: Try new recipes
I have been searching for new recipes now that we are trying to eat healthier vegetarian meals. I found a recipe for Honey-Lime Sweet Potato Black Bean and Corn Tacos from a website called Cooking Classy. I have been thinking about them ever since I saw the picture on Pinterest. I finally got around to making them for lunch today. They were delicious! I highly recommend making them yourself or scheduling a dinner date with me and I will make them for you!
Click the link above for more information or follow the recipe below. I didn't have coriander or cayenne pepper so I just omitted those ingredients.
- 1 1/2 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled if desired and diced into 1/2-inch cubes
- 4 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp ground coriander
- 1/8 - 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 small yellow onion, diced (1 cup)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (14.5) oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen yellow corn, thawed and drained
- 3 Tbsp honey
- 3 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- Corn or flour tortillas
- Romain lettuce or purple cabbage, cotija or feta cheese (monterrey or manchengo would also be good), diced avocados, fresh salsa or pico de gallo and hot sauce (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil then place sweet potatoes on foil. Drizzle with 3 Tbsp olive oil and toss to evenly coat. Sprinkle evenly with cumin, paprika, coriander, cayenne pepper and season lightly with salt and pepper to taste then toss to evenly coat. Bake in preheated oven 15 - 20 minutes until tender, removing from oven and tossing once halfway through baking.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat remaining 1 Tbsp olive oil over medium-high heat. Once hot add onion and saute until caramelized (golden brown on edges and tender), about 5 - 6 minutes, adding in garlic during last 30 seconds of sauteing. Reduce heat to medium-low, add in drained black beans, corn, honey and lime juice. Heat until warmed through. Toss in roasted sweet potatoes and cilantro. Serve over warm tortillas with desired toppings.
- Recipe Source: Cooking Classy